Warehouse Helper/Runner Job Available In Canada – Apply Now
Position: Warehouse Helper/Runner
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Durham, ON
About the Company:
Reliance™ has been providing affordable, reliable home heating, cooling, hot water, water purification and plumbing products and services to Canadians for more than 50 years. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice – and that’s comfortable!
Every day, 2,300 Reliance team members focus on delivering a great customer experience, attracting great talent and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2019 alone, we have donated over $650,000 to United Way and $100,000 in equipment to Habitat for Humanity. This untiring dedication is what will drive profitable growth and help us fulfill our vision: to be the fastest growing and the largest provider of heating and cooling systems, and water heater, plumbing and water purification services in North America.
Reliance is a $800 million business today having doubled in size over the past five years. We are proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for the second consecutive eligible year, while our CEO Sean O’Brien was recognized as one of Canada’s most admired CEOs, and a Glassdoor ‘Best Places to Work’ winner. Reliance is passionate about our team members’ growth and success.
We proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program, access to tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave for eligible team members. Progressing team members’ careers helps us maintain our reputation of having the most knowledgeable technical Team Members in the HVAC industry. Contact us today to learn more!
The qualifications required for this position should be considered before any application is submitted.
- Gas Technician 3 required – Gas Technician 2 license preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Computer skills including scanning, email, data collection.
- Ability to take direction and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs (and greater with assistance).
- Must have a valid class G driver’s license
- Good communication skills.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must be able to work in all areas assigned.
- Responsible to organize and help inventory HVAC, Water Heater and Water Treatment equipment and materials, including loading and unloading of equipment, and scanning and entering serialized equipment into system.
- Staging of HVAC Equipment and materials prior to installations.
- Document and report on Stock quantities at all times to ensure no stoppage of work due to inadequate Equipment inventory.
- Make deliveries as may be required by Installation crews.
- Load and unload at job sites as required.
- Assist Installation Crews with daily truck inspections, and assure regularly scheduled truck maintenance is being carried out.
- Work closely with Installation, sales, and wfp department to assure smooth and accurate flow of installation information, model and serial numbers and any other documentation required for accurate customer history files.
- Refurbishing of water heaters and removing newer components on scrapped heaters.
- Perform duties as assigned.
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.