Multiple Security Officer job Available – Apply NOW
A structured Security Officer role is critical to the success of the River Cree Resort & Casino. The primary purpose of the Security Officer is to ensure the safety and well being of guests and associates of the River Cree Resort.
Reporting to the Security Shift Supervisor, the Security Officer monitors for activity that could be of harm to people at the resort. They are usually assigned an area of patrol and will respond to security related issues as needed. The Security Officer will occasionally be required to ensure proper control of large crowds. He/She will monitor for signs of property vandalism or break & entry.
- Responsible for the safety and well being of staff and patrons of the resort.
- Patrol areas assigned by Security Shift Supervisor.
- Check doors, windows, locks and building interiors for signs of damage or theft.
- Provide information, guide traffic or respond to complaints and maintain order.
- Watch for intruders, sometimes through the use of electronic surveillance systems.
- Observe and keep records of security-related activities.
- Respond to service calls for escort, gaming chip fills/credits, money transport, and audits.
- Issue and receive controlled key sets, and Vendor, Guest and Employee badges in accordance with internal controls
- 1-2 years demonstrated security/surveillance experience. (Preference will be given to experience in a casino environment)
- Education in related field of study including law enforcement would be a definite asset.
- Trained in self-defense and diffusing difficult situations without the use of force.
- Ability to maintain calm and perform duties under stressful conditions.
- Current certification in first aid is an asset.
- Physical Ability: Security guards work with many people but should have the physical ability to protect themselves if attacked by an aggressive person.
- Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated report writing and incident investigation skills.
- Physical Ability: Security guards often have to handle and transport materials that are over 25lbs.
The schedule for this position may vary and would require the ability to work shift work, late nights, weekends and holidays.
- A competitive wage and excellent benefits.
- Shuttle service from West Edmonton location.
- All associates participate in our “Circle of Service” program which rewards and empowers individuals who are able to provide outstanding customer service.
- An opportunity to work within a progressive, exciting team environment.
- An opportunity to work with a skilled Management team.
External Company Name: River Cree Enterprises Limited Partnership
External Company URL: http://rivercreeresort.com/
Street: 300 East Lapotac Blvd,